Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Three years ago...

Three years ago, I was just an ordinary girl who loved to read Manga, and watch Koreanovela. Totally unaware of the existence of the so called "Boys Love," although my first best friend is a gay, and I can easily get closed with them.

Not until I came across a certain fan video in Youtube while I was looking for an anime to watch. It was summer time, vacation (And what else is the best way to spend summer than lying on a bed and watching or reading?). 

The video was entitled "Yaoi Kuroshitsuji."

Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) was one of my favorite manga. I was so in love with Ciel Panthomhive and Sebastian. Honestly, I secretly shipped them. But because I thought it was so wrong, I would just pretend that Ciel was a girl >.< 


Then, I got curious about the word 'Yaoi.' What did it mean? Why did the people in comment box said, Kuroshitsuji was supposed to be a Yaoi, however the editor advised the author not to do it?

So, with the help of Google, I searched for it's meaning...

And viola! The birth of a Rotten Girl (Fujoshi).


It had begun with a Manga, followed by a novel, and addicted with TV series...


For me, there's nothing wrong with shipping two men together. There's nothing wrong with loving a person who has the same gender. Love holds no definition. It's boundless.

Nonetheless, though the world is becoming more open about this topic, It still can't be helped receiving prejudices from others. Even the people who just appreciate this wonderful love, cannot escape the burning gaze of them.

Hence, I created this blog to understand our story. I guess, the only reason why there's dispute is because this community isn't given a flatform to express ourselves.

What really is a life of a Fujoshi/Fudanshi?

and How hard it is to hide yourself behind just not to be condemned by others?

No comments:

Post a Comment